Bourbon is one of the most beloved spirits in the world, and for good reason. The smooth, rich, and complex flavors of bourbon make it a perfect sipper or mixer. But with so many options on the market, it can be hard to know where to start. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the top ten most overlooked bourbons that you should definitely give a try.
These bourbons may not be as well-known as some of the bigger brands, but that doesn’t mean they’re any less deserving of your attention. Each of these bottles offers a unique and delicious flavor profile that will satisfy even the most discerning bourbon connoisseur. From small batch to single barrel, these bourbons are sure to impress. So, whether you’re a bourbon newbie or a seasoned pro, this list is a must-read for anyone looking to expand their bourbon horizons.
- Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch Bourbon. Made from the traditional Evan Williams Bourbon recipe. Buttery to the nose with hints of oak, vanilla and sweet corn. Rich and smooth, with a semi sweet entry of honey and oak, leading to an off dry finish.
- Wyoming Bourbon. A traditional bourbon made in a nontraditional place. It has a light to medium body, crisp flavor, and a smooth lingering finish. Perfect for sipping neat or on the rocks.
- Bib & Tucker 6 Year Bourbon. Tennessee- Aromas of vanilla, freshly mowed grass and leather-bound books. Notes of sweet fruit, vanilla beans, caramel and dried apricots dominate the palate, and are complemented by a subtle touch of ginger spice. The finish is complex and lingers, with hints of chestnuts and corn.
- Breckenridge Small Batch Bourbon. Made from yellow corn, green rye, and malted barley and aged two to three years. Although young, this Award Winning Whiskey combines a mixture of vanilla, caramel and oak flavors that fade into a fruity, spicy finish accomplishing an overall depth of flavor.
- Redemption Bourbon. A truly easy drinking whiskey distinguished by its subtle rye-forward flavor. Crafted in the mold of classic American Bourbons, it has a well-balanced sweetness highlighted by notes of vanilla and caramel. Enjoy on the rocks or use it to make a great cocktail.
- Legent Bourbon. This is a collaboration between two whiskey legends, Fred Noe, Jim Beams seventh-generation Master Distiller, and Shinji Fukuyo, Suntorys fifth-ever Chief Blender. It is unlike anything you have ever tried before.
- Michter’s Bourbon. This drink is made from a carefully selected mash bill that features the highest quality American corn. Complex nose, with an overlay of camphor. Sweetness, then corn and wood smoke flavors with rye underneath. The finish is lingering with wood notes mingling with maple syrup.
- Redwood Empire Pipe Dream Bourbon. Pipe Dream is meticulously crafted from hand selected bourbon barrels aged between four and twelve years. The nose is met with sweet maple and honey while the palate boasts complex notes of roasted pecan and vanilla.
- Old Forrester 100 Proof Bourbon. This old-timer opens with a rich, deep nose, layered with fresh cornmeal and cocoa. It’s a full-bore Bourbon, packing bountiful sweet cornbread, cinnamon and dark chocolate, sliced by mint and fresh leather, and carried away on corn and vanilla. Powerful but refined.
- Chicken Cock KY Straight Bourbon. A rich, elegant mahogany hue color, a nose with a nice balance of oak tones with sweet notes of dried fruit, caramel and vanilla, and a taste that offers soft tannin upfront, which dissipates into delightful toasted oak lactones.